A copy of a driving record can be requested in person, online or by mail.
In Person: A copy of your driving record can be purchased in person at any Division of Motor Vehicles office. The cost is $15.00 for a 3-year, 5-year or full record.
Online*: A copy of your driving record can be purchased through your MyDMV account on the DMV website (www.dmv.de.gov) using a major credit or debit card. If the customer does not have a MyDMV account, one can be created to perform any available online services. https://services.dmv.de.gov/mydmv.ejs?command=DrivingRecordList
By mail: If you want to obtain a copy of your driving record by mail you must:
- Complete the Personal Information Release Form
- Have the form notarized with a seal or stamp (or present in person at one of our offices)
- Pay $15.00 fee for a 3 year record
- We recommend you include a stamped, self-addressed envelope to reduce processing time
- Mail the check and form to:
Division of Motor Vehicles
ATTN.: Driver License Administration
P.O. Box 698
Dover, DE 19903
Please note that the request will not be processed if the form is not filled out completely.
*Online driving record requests cannot be processed for CDL medical certification requirements.