Those persons who are at least 16 years old but less than 18 years and were issued a driver license by another state must obtain a Delaware license within 60 days after becoming a Delaware resident.
- The applicant must have completed an approved driver education course that has been reviewed and accepted by the Delaware Department of Education. Please contact the Delaware Department of Education at 302.857.3320 to obtain a letter approving the applicants out-of-state driver education course.
- The applicant must pass a written and road examination conducted by the Delaware Division of Motor Vehicles and an eye screen.
- The application must be signed by an approved sponsor.
- If the minor applicant was issued an out-of-state license for over 18 months, they may be eligible for a Class D operator's license.
- If the minor applicant was issued an out-of-state license for less than 12 months, they may be eligible for a Level One Learner's Permit.
Sample of Forms:Graduated Driver License Instruction
Graduated Hand Out