After completing an approved driver education training program, an exchange student may apply for a Level One Learner's Permit. The exchange student must present the following:
- A typed notarized statement from his/her parent, granting permission for their son or daughter to apply for and be issued a Delaware driver's license.
- If the applicant is under the age of 18, the sponsoring family must sign the application and assume liability for the minor driver.
- A legal document showing the date of birth such as a certified birth certificate (in English) or a passport.
- A social security number, if eligible.
- Driver education training certificate, if under age 18.
- $40.00 fee and the expiration date will not exceed his/her legal presence in the United States.