Defensive Driving Complaints
The Division of Motor Vehicles Defensive Driving Program staff ensures and maintains compliance with Delaware's laws and regulations, reviews and responds to concerns submitted, and provides, protects, advocates for and informs consumers of their rights and options when it comes to Delaware Defensive Driving Programs.
Please feel free to contact the Defensive Driving Program staff with general questions you may have about Course Providers or if you have a problem or a complaint. Email to: DMV-DefensiveDriving@state.de.us
To file a Defensive Driving complaint:Download a complaint form
Download "How to File a Complaint" instructions
Return the complete form:
- by fax to (302)661-7279
- or by mail to:
Delaware Division of Motor Vehicles
Attn: Defensive Driving
PO Box 698
Dover, DE 19903
- or Email to: DMV-DefensiveDriving@state.de.us
**If you need assistance with a problem involving an insurance company or agent, please contact the Department of Insurance by visiting their Consumer Services webpage.
Any request for assistance should contain:
- Your name, complete address, daytime phone number, and email.
- Full name of the Defensive Driving Course Provider, date of infraction, and the name of the person you spoke to if appropriate.
- A short description of the problem/facts of the complaint.
- Copies of any documents (you should keep your originals) related to your problem, such as letters or correspondence, screen shots, etc. If you cannot get copies of documents made and you must send us the original documents, it is suggested that you send them certified mail. All original documents will be returned to you as soon as possible.
The more complete the information sent, the quicker we can identify the issues and begin our review. Your request will be handled as quickly as possible. One of our Defensive Driving Program staff will contact you shortly after your inquiry is received. The time it takes to investigate and resolve a complaint can vary, depending on the complexity of the matter.